Recent Posts

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Slow Roasted Rosemary & Thyme Carrots


One of the best and worst things about my job is that its right downtown. The best being that it's close to great shopping, like the mall, and on Wednesdays it's home to Regina's own farmers market. The worst being that it's close to great shopping which feeds my unnecessary shoe fetish. 



Anyways, this past Wednesday, Charlotte and I decided to make our way down to the farmers market to pick up a few vegetables. This one booth had these amazing colouful carrots, yellow, purple and of course orange. I immediately bought a bunch of them and practically skipped all the way back to work. 

When I got home that night, I decided that I was going to slowly roast them with rosemary and thyme in the oven. I'm glad I did because they ended up being really tender and flavorful.

Ingredients
Carrots
2 - 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Dried Rosemary
Dried Thyme
Pinch of Sea Salt
Fresh Cracked Pepper(optional)

Directions
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.

Wash and scrub the carrots, pat them dry with a paper towel. Place carrots in a glass baking dish. Drizzle olive oil until coated. Add rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper to taste. 


Roast in the oven for about 40-45 minutes, or until tender and crispy on the outside. Serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment