Recent Posts

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tiramisu Ladyfinger Sandwiches


Is it just me, or did Christmas come and go just as fast as it got here? I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, I sure did. It's always nice to see family every once and awhile.

On boxing day I went wiener roasting with the boy's side of the family. We drove out to a secluded part of the bush on the farm and had a nice bonfire. After we ate, the boys shoveled off part of a slough that was near by and we played some hockey(I scored two goals - I know right?). It was so much fun - although my hips weren't having so much fun the next day...


As I look out the window, big fluffy snowflakes are covering the ground like a warm blanket. So lovely, so peaceful.



The days leading up to Christmas were anything but peaceful. For some reason everything was last minute. Christmas shopping, Christmas baking, was all left till the very end of what seemed like an extremely short month. I was working all day, only to come home and bake all night. After a few days of that routine - it got old. And after I was done, I said I was going to take a break from baking for a while... but HA! Who was I kidding?  It's only been a few days and I'm already getting antsy to bake something new. I think there is something wrong with me.

Anyways, these are delicious little treats. The original recipe had you make the actual ladyfigers(who's got time for that?). I bought some(gasp!) and cut them myself - you're welcome. The filling is the best part anyways.


Ingredients
2 packs of Ladyfinger Cookies
8 ounces Mascarpone Cheese
1/4 cup softened Butter
3 tablespoons Whipping Cream
1 tablespoon strong-brewed cooled Coffee
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 Instant Espresso(or more if you like it strong)
4 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar

Directions
For the lady fingers, place cookies as a single layer and put a damp cloth over top of them. Microwave for a minute or two until the cookies are soft. Using a sharp knife, slice each cookie in half lengthwise. Set aside.


In a large bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese, butter, whipping cream, coffee, vanilla, and espresso powder with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy.



Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until it makes a frosting of piping consistency. Chill covered for 30 minutes.



Fill and frost cookies. Keep refrigerated.




0 comments:

Post a Comment