Recent Posts

Monday, September 19, 2011

Chocolate Coconut Banana Bites


I am genius. No really. I am.

Remember a while back(previous post, which evidently was a while back...) when I mentioned that Mr. Do Something hated warm/baked fruit of any kind? Well this is the part where I'm genius. I had fresh bananas on hand and very much so wanted to make something delicious with them. Banana bread is kind of been-there-done-that, so I searched high and low and accidently stumbled across a recipe that sparked an idea in my head! Instead of baking them...why not freeze them?


Stay with me - I was browsing Pinterest and saw an image that said Make Me and All Your Wishes Will Come True. Okay, maybe it didn't actually say that, but basically it had me running into the kitchen to check if I had all the right ingredients. And I did because it's such a simple recipe!

Ingredients
2 Large Bananas
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (I used dark chocolate)
1/4 Cup Peanut Buter
1/2 Tsp Coconut Oil (optional)
Sweetened Shredded Coconut (unsweetened will work just fine)

Directions
Cut the bananas into large bite-sized chunks. Place the cut banana chunks on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Place in the freezer for at least an hour. 


In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook for a 1 minute on high. Stir and add the coconut oil(optional). Mix until oil until combined. If the mixture isn't melted enough, place the bowl back in the microwave for 30 seconds at the time until fully melted. 

Next, spread the shredded coconut on a large plate. Remove bananas from the freezer and start to dip the chunks into melted chocolate, then gently roll them in the coconut.


Place them back on the wax paper and freeze for another hour or so. Once completely hardened, you can enjoy these yummy treats!


No warm fruit here - these frozen banana tastes like vanilla ice cream and it just melts in your mouth, so delicious :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment