Recent Posts

Friday, January 6, 2012

Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookies


As the title of this post states...Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookies. I know right? Oh and guess what the cream pie part is? Marshmallow cream, no big deal.

Just in case you were beginning to wonder if I'm 300 pounds, I'm not. I rarely eat my own baking. I do it more for the joy of baking and baking for others. Although the holidays were hard not to indulge, especially since baking was so readily available(totally my fault). Speaking of holidays, did I mention my wonderful stocking stuffer experience I had this year? Well let me tell you...

I was having a hard time coming up with ideas for the boy's stocking stuffers. I asked my boss who had tons of ideas that just spilled out of her mouth. Socks, candy, lip chap, giftcards, etc, things I had thought of already. Then she said beef jerky from the butcher and I was suddenly intrigued. The boy is terribly allergic to MSG - which is in EVERYTHING by the way. He gets really bad migraines, so finding snacks that he likes with no MSG is hard. I had written off beef jerky that you buy from the supermarket because it's jammed packed with MSG, but I never thought of getting it directly from the source. Anyways, so one day on my lunch break I make it down to the butcher and get a bag of jerky. I put the bag in my purse so the boy doesn't suspect anything(yes, I'm one of those girls who wears a suitcase sized purse). After work I had to stop by the bank. It was a long line as usual and I was already irritated that I had to wait when I only wanted to go home. As I'm standing there I smell this gross smell...you know when somebody burps and it stinks like salami? Yeah like that. The smell was so strong, it was fucking nasty. So then I was pissed that I had to wait in a long line with some asshole who couldn't keep their bodily gases in check. Finally I get in front of the teller and I pulled out my wallet and finally realized that, that asshole was me. My wallet and everything in my purse smelled like digested salami. Basically I got the fuck out of there - I was mortified.  A lesson for you all, don't put meat in your purse! It will smell for days...



Ingredients

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup quick-cooking oats
2 teaspoons hot water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup powdered sugar

Directions

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.


Grease a cookie sheet and set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder and set aside. 


In a large bowl, combine butter and peanut butter and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. 



Beat in granulated sugar and brown sugar for 2 minutes. Then, beat in the egg and vanilla until just combined.


Stir in flour mixture and oats just until combined.


Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute and then transfer to a wire rack to fully cool.



Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the hot water and salt. Stir until salt is dissolves. Add marshmallow creme, shortening, and powdered sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined.


My favorite part, spread marshmallow mixture on the flat side of half of the cookies. Top each frosted cookie with another cookie, flat side down. Makes 13 - 15 sandwich cookies.





0 comments:

Post a Comment