Recent Posts

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Clean Eating: Chocolate Cinnamon Banana Muffins


If you follow me on Instagram or if you have the high honor of being my Facebook friend, then you know that I am, in fact, alive(wheew!). You may also know that I have been on a major health kick, working out and trying to eat clean. In doing so, I haven't really had time or the energy to put into this blog. But I have found so many new and different recipes that I want to share, all really healthy, but very delicious(example...see below). I'm probably going to start posting about my workout routines and things I've found that have motivated me into healthier lifestyle. I hope you all stick around and enjoy my journey. Now check out this recipe!


Chocolate Cinnamon Banana Muffins

4 Bananas
4 Egg Whites
4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
6 Packets of non-calorie sweetener(Splenda, etc.)
2/3 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract

Combine wet ingredients to together with an electric mixer. Blend until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.

2 Cups Oat Flour(use quick oats in a food processor and blend until a flour consistency.)
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
2 1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon

Mix dry ingredients first and then blend into the wet mixture until fully combined.

In a small bowl, combine 3 packets of sweetener, 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon and 1/4 cup chocolate chips(I ran these through a food processor first to chop them up a bit)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray cupcake/muffin tins with cooking spray or just use liners. Pour batter in tins and sprinkle the sugar/chocolate chip mixture over top. Bake for 20 minutes.

Makes 16 cupcake sized muffins.

ENJOY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment