Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Gluten Free Oatmeal Banana Pancakes with a Hazelnut Almond Maple Syrup

Most weekends I get to "sleep in" till about 7:00am, which I actually consider sleeping in. My precious little  Lilu is usually pawing at my face and whining for me to take her outside and play with her. Sidebar: She only paws and whines at ME, and not her dad! She probably knows that I'm a sucker and will scoop her up, take her out and giver her treats. Smart dog. Bad dog.

Anyways, for some weird reason I was feeling quite ambitious for a Saturday morning. I decided I wanted to make pancakes. Not that shit from a box(come on), and I wanted to stay away from over processed flour(sorry very large bag of All Purpose flour I bought because I was whining about never having enough flour). Yup. Lately I've been loving oat flour, it's super easy to make and I love the way it tastes. I searched around and found the recipe below, I of course modified it and they turned out pretty darn good. Go give it a try and let me know what you think.




Ingredients for Pancakes
3 Bananas, mashed
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil or Butter, melted
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1-2 Tsp Raw Honey or Agave Nectar
2 Eggs
1 Cup Oat Flour(see directions below to make your own)
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Cinnamon
2 Tbsp P2B (Powdered Peanut Butter, found in most health food stores. You could use regular peanut butter if you wanted)
1/2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder - Optional

Ingredients for Syrup
2 Tbsp Hazelnut Almond Butter(found in most health food stores)
1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup

Directions
Combine bananas, coconut oil, lemon juice, honey and eggs and set aside.

You can make your own oat flour by using a food processor. (If you want to make these gluten free, make sure you have certified gluten free oats.) Add oats and pulse until a flour-like consistency. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse to combine. Next, add the wet mixture to the dry and pulse again until fully combined. Set aside.

To make syrup, mix the hazelnut almond butter(I'm  obsessed with this stuff!) together with pure maple syrup to create epic-tastiness.

On medium high heat, melt coconut oil in a fry pan. Pour desired amount of batter and cook for about 3-6 minutes per-side, depending on the size.


These little babies are probably my new favorite weekend breakfast. They may be a time consuming, but totally worth the wait! :)


Makes 6-8 pancakes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment